Are you looking for an in-depth Bluehost review 2023?
If so, you’re in the right place.
In this comprehensive Bluehost hosting review, we will provide you with everything you need to know about Bluehost hosting, including its basic overview, features, prices, pros, and cons. Hence, you can make an informed decision as to whether it is a good fit for your website or not.
When it comes to web hosting, there are many options out there today. You can choose from a variety of hosting packages, from shared hosting to VPS hosting, which all are tailored to your needs. However, choosing a perfect and reliable web host can often be a daunting task for you, especially as a novice.
If you don’t have much experience when it comes to choosing a web host, then you may end up making some costly mistakes that could cost you extra money down the line.
But don’t worry at all.
Throughout this Bluehost review, you will find out everything you need to know about Bluehost, so you’ll be able to make a more informed decision when it comes to selecting a web hosting provider for your website.
So without further ado, let’s get started!
- Bluehost Review 2023- Why We Think It’s an Amazing Host?
- 12 Strong Reasons to Use Bluehost as Your Web Host
- 1) Affordable Pricing Options
- 2) Easy to Use Control Panel
- 3) Quick Website Setup Process
- 4) Advanced Security Feature
- 5) Excellent Speed and Performance
- 6) High Uptime Guarantee
- 7) E-commerce Resources & Support
- 8) Blue Flash Launch Support
- 9) Website Builder Included
- 10) Free WordPress Site Migration Service
- 11) 24/7 Live Chat Customer Care
- 12) 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- How Much Does Bluehost Hosting Cost?
- Bluehost Hosting Guide: How to Get Started With Bluehost
- Pros and Cons of Using Bluehost Hosting
- FAQs: Bluehost Review 2023
- Final Thoughts
Bluehost Review 2023- Why We Think It’s an Amazing Host?
Before we dive into the main topic, let’s take a look at Bluehost’s overview.
A Brief Overview of Bluehost
Bluehost is one of the most popular and reliable web hosts on the Internet today. It was founded back in 2003 and has been online ever since. Hence, it is a very old web host and has earned a sterling reputation over the years for providing excellent service and support to its clients.
Bluehost is one of the top brands that is officially recommended by the WordPress.org team and so you can use their services with confidence. They power over two million websites worldwide, which is evidence of their popularity. Furthermore, they have a large support team (750+) which allows them to provide best-in-class support to their customers.
What makes Bluehost stand apart from other web hosts is that they focus more on customer satisfaction than anything else. The company’s goal is to provide outstanding performance and reliability along with great value for money. In addition, they ensure that every client receives personalized attention and assistance whenever needed.
12 Strong Reasons to Use Bluehost as Your Web Host
If you are looking for web hosting, you will find hundreds of options out there. When it comes to highly optimized, high-quality, secure, and affordable web hosting, Bluehost is the best bet.
The following are the 12 strongest reasons to host your websites with Bluehost in 2023 and beyond.
1) Affordable Pricing Options
All Bluehost hosting plans come with multiple hosting options. Depending on what type of hosting package best meets your needs, you can choose between shared hosting, WordPress hosting, dedicated hosting, or VPS hosting.
Additionally, Bluehost offers affordable hosting plans in the industry. When compared to the other hosting providers, any of the hosting plans that suit your needs can save you more money. Ultimately, Bluehost is a great choice for anyone looking to start a website on a tight budget.
So, whether you’re looking for affordable web hosting or high-quality web hosting, Bluehost will meet your requirements.
2) Easy to Use Control Panel
As a Bluehost customer, you will have full access to cPanel, which allows you to manage all aspects of your hosting account from a single interface, including installing WordPress, managing domains, email accounts, and databases, as well as creating FTP accounts.
cPanel has an intuitive and user-friendly interface, and everything related to managing your account is handled automatically, so you don’t need any technical skills. It only takes a few seconds to log into your dashboard and manage your hosting account.
If you still need any assistance, you can refer to their Knowledge Base section. There you’ll find all the information you need to get started, including step-by-step articles, FAQs, and more.
3) Quick Website Setup Process
Setting up a website isn’t always as simple as clicking “next” through several steps. That’s where Bluehost comes in handy. They make web design easier than ever.
For example, once you’ve purchased a hosting package, you won’t have to worry about installing software like FTP clients. Instead, Bluehost automatically installs these tools for you.
Furthermore, there are no complicated installation instructions either. All you need to do is follow the step-by-step directions provided by Bluehost. Once you finish following those steps, you should see your website appear online.
4) Advanced Security Feature
When it comes to safety and security, Bluehost takes things seriously. For this reason, they provide several security features with their hosting plans such as free SSL certificates, firewall protection, automatic daily backups, CPU protection spam protection for email addresses associated with your website, and many more.
On top of that, they also protect each server from DDoS attacks so that your data remains protected after it has been sent over the Internet.
5) Excellent Speed and Performance
Another important factor that determines how successful your business becomes is speed and performance. If your site loads slowly, visitors won’t stick around long enough to make purchases or even leave feedback. On the contrary, fast loading times encourage people to stay longer and spend more time browsing through your products/services.
In order to achieve optimal page load speeds, Bluehost uses SSD drives instead of traditional hard disks. This ensures faster data access times and better overall performance.
If we talk about shared hosting, all shared servers offered by Bluehost load very fast thanks to its top-of-the-line hardware components. Even better, it has been tested in real-world scenarios and proved to perform well under heavy traffic loads.
6) High Uptime Guarantee
Uptime is extremely important for a website to function properly and not disappoint its visitors. Many online businesses have been hurt by a bad uptime situation, which has not only affected their reputation but also their business. So if you are a blogger, don’t forget that your uptime is among the most important things to take care of.
With Bluehost, you can be sure that your website will work perfectly because they offer a 99.9% guaranteed. In case there is ever downtime, they will fix it immediately to stay in compliance with their uptime guarantee.
Therefore, you can concentrate on what matters most: building your brand and expanding your audience!
7) E-commerce Resources & Support
As we already know, WooCommerce is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms on the market today. To enhance your online business, it provides powerful features including automatic inventory management, multiple payment gateways, and shipping options.
Using Bluehost as your host will eliminate all of your worries related to WooCommerce as they will provide you with all the tools you need to run a successful online store. Additionally, they provide you with detailed instructions on how to utilize these tools and resources effectively.
Check out this Bluehost official page for more information about eCommerce features.
8) Blue Flash Launch Support
Getting set up with WordPress might be confusing for a beginner. If that’s the case, you may need to hire someone with WordPress expertise to assist you with the setup process.
Here at Bluehost, you won’t have to worry about any of that. Bluehost recently introduced a new free service called Blue Flash, which aims to help businesses set up WordPress sites.
No matter what hosting plan you have, you can take advantage of Bluehost Flash services. As part of this service, you will be able to communicate with the WordPress expert team, which will help you with everything from figuring out how to install plugins to initial setup questions.
The experts will not only assist you in setting up your WordPress account, they will also suggest the right plugins and theme for your website depending on your purposes and requirements.
9) Website Builder Included
When you sign up for a Bluehost web host package, you receive access to its easy-to-use drag & drop builder tool. As a result, creating websites is easier now than ever before. With the intuitive interface, even those without any technical knowledge can create stunning websites.
This page builder allows you to easily create attractive, responsive home pages and any additional pages you may require. So it is essential to take advantage of it if you want to create an impressive, professional website, regardless of whether you are new to WordPress or an experienced pro.
10) Free WordPress Site Migration Service
WordPress migration is offered for free with all Bluehost hosting plans. It’s easy to migrate your site to Bluehost. Simply fill out Bluehost’s migration form to get started.
Upon submitting the migration form, the support team will provide you with the Migration Plugin, which has been developed recently by the Bluehost team. Then, you can use the plugin to begin the migration process.
Once you begin the migration, Bluehost’s experts will contact you to help you complete it. Their team will evaluate your website, and then assist you in migrating your site to their server.
Once your migration is done, point your domain name to Bluehost DNS (domain name server) and you’re all set!
Quick Note – With the purchase of a Bluehost hosting account, you can migrate one WordPress website for free. However, Bluehost’s team of professionals must review the migration request before they proceed with your migration request.
11) 24/7 Live Chat Customer Care
You’ll never feel alone when working with Bluehost because they offer round-the-clock technical support via live chat, phone calls, emails, etc. If you run into trouble during setup or configuration, simply contact their friendly staff who will help you resolve issues immediately.
In addition to providing technical support, they also provide excellent advanced knowledgebase so that you can learn more about using their products. These tutorials cover many topics, including WordPress, emails, domains, and much more.
12) 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
If you are unsatisfied with any aspect of Bluehost’s product or service within 30 days after signing up, you can get a full refund without having to pay any fees whatsoever. It also means that if you decide to change your mind, you can get a full refund as long as you cancel within 30 days of signing up.
Quick Note – It is important to remember that you will only get a refund for the cost of your web hosting plan, not for any add-ons or domains.
Also, be aware that Bluehost does not accept refund requests after 30 days. When you refund any of the Bluehost plans, they will deduct the cost for any domain name you got for free with the plan. So, make sure you choose wisely.
So, there you go. We hope these 12 strong reasons helped you understand why Bluehost should be your first choice as an online host provider.
So what are you waiting for? Sign up today and enjoy hassle-free web hosting services.
How Much Does Bluehost Hosting Cost?
Bluehost offers a wide range of hosting plans, which are suitable for beginners, experts, and all intermediates. Therefore, whether you are a beginner or an experienced webmaster, you will certainly find a hosting package that meets your needs.
Let’s take a brief look at Bluehost’s hosting plans and features.
- Shared Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- Managed WordPress Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting
- VPS Hosting
1. Shared Hosting
Shared hosting is a good option if you want to launch a new website but you have a limited budget. Bluehost offers four shared plans at four different price points.
- Choice Plus
1. Basic Plan – This is the basic shared web hosting plan from Bluehost which costs $3.95/month (regular price $8.99/month). This hosting plan lets you host only one website and comes with 50 GB SSD storage.
2. Plus Plan – This is the most recommended shared web hosting plan which costs $5.95/month (regular price $11.99/month). This plan features unlimited SSD storage and lets you host unlimited websites. Furthermore, you get free access to Office 365 for 30 days.
3. Choice Plus Plan – This plan costs you $6.95/month (regular price $16.99/month). Additionally, this plan offers Free Domain Privacy and Free Automated Backup for 1 year.
4. Pro Plan – If you’re looking for the ultimate shared hosting plan from Bluehost, this is for you which costs $13.95/month (regular price $26.99/month). On this plan, you will get all the features of the Plus plan, along with a dedicated IP address for free.
You’ll get the following benefits with any Shared hosting plan:
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate
- Free Cloudflare CDN Setup Included
- Free domain included (for 1st year only)
- Up to $150 Google Ads credit
2. WordPress Hosting
WordPress hosting is similar to shared hosting, which is specifically designed for hosting WordPress websites. Bluehost currently offers 3 pricing options for Shared WordPress hosting, which are outlined below.
- Choice Plus
1. Basic WordPress – Bluehost offers the most popular Shared WordPress hosting package for $3.95/month (regularly $8.99/month). You can host only one website with this plan, which comes with 50 GB SSD storage.
2. Plus WordPress – This is our most recommended Shared WordPress hosting plan, available for $5.95/month (regularly priced at $11.99/month). With this plan, you get unlimited SSD storage and can host an unlimited number of websites. Additionally, you get free access to Office 365 for 30 days.
3. Choice WordPress – This is the advanced WordPress hosting plan which costs you $6.95/month (Regular Price $16.99/month). Furthermore, this plan offers Free Domain Privacy and Free Automated Backup for a year.
You’ll get the following benefits with any WordPress hosting plan:
- Easy one-click WordPress installations
- Let’s Encrypt free SSL certificate
- Free Cloudflare CDN Setup Included
- Free domain included (for 1st year only)
- Automated WordPress installation
- Setup of secure login credentials
- Credit of up to $150 for Google Ads
3. Managed WordPress Hosting
Managed WordPress hosting allows you to run your own WordPress site without worrying about server maintenance or security issues. It gives you full control over your content by allowing you to install plugins, themes, and other add-ons that may be required on your site.
Bluehost’s managed WordPress hosting service includes everything you need to run a successful blog, including automatic updates, backups, malware protection, advanced scans, centralized social media marketing control, and much more.
Bluehost offers three types of managed WordPress hosting plans:
1. Build Managed – This plan is the perfect choice for those who just want to get started with blogging. For $9.95/month (Regular Price $19.95/month), you can access 20GB of web storage, automated daily backups, and 24×7 customer support via phone calls or chat. You should choose this plan if your website gets up to 50,000 monthly visitors.
- 1 WP Website
- 20GB of Web Storage
- Free SSL Certificate
- Staging Site Environment
- Jetpack Personal WP Tools
- Daily Scheduled Backups
- Malware Detection and Removal
- Domain Privacy + Protection
2. Grow Managed – Once you build a small business online, you have to grow it into something bigger. Therefore, you should consider upgrading to a managed hosting plan with more features. This plan offers 40GB of web storage with advanced SEO tools, 10GB of video compression, and Blue Sky Ticket Support, all for $14.95/month (Regular Price $24.95/month). If your website’s monthly traffic is up to 1,50,000 you should consider this plan.
- All Build Plan Features Included
- 40GB of Web Storage
- Tools for Business Review
- Advanced Toolkit for SEO
- Includes 10GB of Video Compression
- Customer Support via Blue Sky
3. Scale Managed – The scale managed plan is designed for businesses with high traffic volumes, If your website’s monthly traffic is up to 5,00,000 you should consider this plan. This plan includes 80GB of web storage, advanced SEO tools, unlimited video compression, and Blue Sky chat support, all for $27.95/month (Regular Price $37.95/month).
- All Build + Grow Plan Features Included
- 80GB of Web Storage
- Video Compression with No Limits
- Integration with PayPal
- Elastic Search
- Support for Blue Sky Live Chat
4. Dedicated Hosting
If you want your website to perform well, a dedicated server is the best choice for you. In comparison to shared hosting, these servers offer the best performance because they provide dedicated resources, such as RAM, CPU, and disk space.
There are three types of dedicated hosting plans offered by Bluehost:
1. Standard Dedicated – As part of the standard plan, you get 5TB bandwidth, 4 cores of CPU, and 8GB of RAM per month. For this plan, you will be charged $79.99/month (Regular Price $119.99/month).
2. Enhanced Dedicated – An enhanced plan offers you 8GB RAM, 4 CPU cores, and 10TB of monthly bandwidth. If you choose this plan, you will be charged $99.99/month (Regular Price $159.99/month).
3. Premium Dedicated – A premium plan provides 16GB RAM, 4 CPU cores, and 15 TB of monthly bandwidth. This plan is priced at $119.99/month (Regular Price $209.99/month).
5. VPS Hosting
When you can’t afford dedicated hosting but don’t want to use shared hosting, this is the option for you.
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. It’s similar to a physical server but instead of using real hardware, it uses virtualization technology that allows multiple operating systems to run on one machine simultaneously.
Bluehost offers three types of VPS (virtual private server) hosting plans:
1. Standard VPS – The standard plan includes 2 GB RAM, 2 CPU cores, 30 GB SSD storage, and 1TB bandwidth. This plan costs you $19.99/month (Regular Price $29.99/month).
2. Enhanced VPS – With an enhanced plan, you get 4GB RAM, 2CPU cores, 60GB SSD storage, and 2TB network bandwidth. Your cost for this plan will be $29.99/month (Regular Price $59.99/month).
3. Ultimate VPS – This is the advanced VPS hosting plan from Bluehost. With this plan, you get 8GB RAM, 4CPU cores, 120GB SSD storage, and 3TB bandwidth. Your cost for this plan will be $59.99/month (Regular Price $119.99/month).
It’s all about Bluehost’s plan and pricing. By understanding the plans and pricing, you can better understand what Bluehost offers and can make a more informed decision.
Quick Note – No matter which hosting plan you choose for your website, long-term plans will always be more economical. The main reason behind this is because renewal prices are much higher than the initial price.
Bluehost Hosting Guide: How to Get Started With Bluehost
You can start using Bluehost quite easily, all you need to do is follow a few simple steps. Once you have decided which plan you want, follow our step-by-step guide to create and access your Bluehost account.
So Now let’s get started.
Step 1. Simply click this Exclusive Link to get started. After clicking this link, you will be redirected to Bluehost’s official website.
Step 2. Now, you will find a variety of hosting options there. According to your needs and budget, select the hosting service of your choice.
Quick Note – For demonstration purposes, we will assume you are a beginner and will purchase a shared hosting plan. This guide will show you how to sign up for a Bluehost account and purchase web hosting for your website.
Step 3. We highly recommend you go with the Plus or Choice Plus plan because it comes with additional features, and most importantly it allows you to host unlimited websites. Once you decided, simply click on the Select button.
Step 4. On the next screen, you will be asked to set up your domain name.
You will find the two options there, “Create A New Domain Name” and “Use A Domain You Own.”
If you already have a domain, choose the second option and then click on the Next button.
But if you don’t own a domain, you should select the first option. All shared hosting plans include a free domain name for the first year. Enter the desired domain name you would like for your website and click on Next Button.
Step 5. Once you click on the Next button, you will be redirected to the “Account Creation” page. Fill out your account information details and scroll down.
Step 6. Next, you will find 2 options there, “Package Information” and “Package Extra”. In the Package Information section, You need to choose the term of your hosting plan.
Quick Note – If you want to save extra money, always choose the long-term plan. In the Package Extra Options, You will be asked to opt for additional hosting services and marketing tools, which will cost you extra. These are all optional services, so choose only those you think are necessary.
Step 7. Next, You will be asked for “Payment Information”. You can either pay with a Credit Card or via PayPal. Select your preferred payment method, enter the payment information, and click the Submit Button.
The process should take around 1-2 minutes. You will then receive an email containing important account details.
That’s all there is to it.
Congratulations! Your hosting and domain name has been successfully purchased.
Now you can log into your account for access to your hosting services.
Pros and Cons of Using Bluehost Hosting
This Bluehost review will be incomplete without listing out the pros and cons. Let’s have a look at them all.
1. Free Domain Names – All Bluehost shared hosting plans come with free domain registration (For 1st year only). This way you can save money on buying a domain.
2. Affordable Hosting Plans – Their pricing structure is quite affordable compared to other web hosts. For example, their basic plan costs only $3.95 per month (Shared Hosting) while their most expensive plan is $119.99 per month (Dedicated Hosting).
3. Easy-to-use cPanel – Bluehost’s cPanel is user-friendly and easy to use. All you need to do is log into your dashboard and start managing everything related to your website right from here.
4. Easy Setup – The setup of a website with Bluehost is easy even if you’ve never done it before. They provide step-by-step instructions so even newbies can start their own websites right away.
5. Unlimited Bandwidth – The amount of data transfer allowed through your account depends upon what type of package you purchase. However, there is always enough bandwidth available to handle whatever kind of traffic your site receives.
6. A+ Uptime – Bluehost leads the industry with high uptime and a fast loading speed. Their website uptime guarantee ensures that your website will always be available.
7. 24×7 Technical Support – Whenever you run into a technical issue with your hosting, you have access to 24/7 technical support by phone or live chat.
8. 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee – Within 30 days after signing up, if you aren’t happy with their services, they will refund all your money.
9. Free SSL and CDN – With every Bluehost plan, you receive a free LetsEncrypt certificate along with Cloudflare CDN (Content Delivery Network). These two add-ons make sure that your visitors’ experience is smooth and secure.
10. Free WordPress Migration – If you are planning to move over to Bluehost, then don’t worry about losing any content as they offer a migration service for free. It’s just a matter of getting in touch with their support team.
Here are the pros of using Bluehost, but to be fair, no web host is perfect for everyone, even Bluehost. Let’s also look at the cons.
1. Limitations on Backup – In our experience, Bluehost’s back-ups have been a major problem. Bluehost does not offer automatic backup unless you subscribe to a Choice Plus or Pro plan.
However, there’s a remedy for that in the form of a WordPress backup plugin such as UpdraftPlus, ValutPress, BackupBuddy, and more.
2. No Monthly Plan Option – There are no monthly plans available with Bluehost, so you’ll need to sign up for at least a 12-month hosting plan.
Recommended Reading: GreenGeeks Review: Is It the Best WordPress Hosting In 2023?
FAQs: Bluehost Review 2023
Below are some essential questions about Bluehost hosting that will help you decide if this hosting is right for you in 2023 and beyond.
If you want a web host provider that offers responsive customer service, reliable uptime, and reasonable pricing, then Bluehost is an ideal choice.
They offer unlimited disk space, bandwidth, MySQL database, and other essential resources needed to run a successful online business. Their prices start at only $3.95/mo., which makes them very competitive compared to others.
Is there anything you would like to say about Bluehost? Leave us a comment below if you have any thoughts!
As part of our Bluehost Review, we encourage you to share it with your friends and family, so it can reach as many people as possible. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.