There are many reasons why you may want to start a blog. Maybe you want to share your thoughts and ideas with the world, help people by offering advice, or simply just share your life and thoughts with the world. It’s entirely possible to start a blog using one of the most popular and widely used blogging platforms, WordPress.
The best thing about WordPress is that it is simple to set up a blog without any coding knowledge or technical skills. You can do it within a few hours and have your first post live on the web in no time.
Your only requirement before starting a blog on WordPress is to have a domain name and web hosting.
Web hosting is an integral part of any blog or website. If you’ve ever tried to find a web hosting service provider that’s right for you, then you know how difficult it can be. There are so many different types of web hosts out there; all with different pricing plans, server locations, and service levels. Thus, it can be hard for you to decide which is best for your blog.
But don’t worry…
In this article, we’ll explore one of the most reputable hosting companies on the internet, GreenGeeks. Furthermore, we’ll also show you how to start a blog with GreenGeeks in as little as 10 minutes. Before we discuss the main topic, let’s have a look at GreenGeeks Hosting and its features.
- GreenGeeks Hosting (A Brief Introduction):
- How To Start a Blog with GreenGeeks – Step by Step Quick Guide
- Final Thoughts
GreenGeeks Hosting (A Brief Introduction):
GreenGeeks hosting is an excellent option for anyone looking for quality hosting. The company is one of the oldest green hosting providers on the Internet, established in 2008 by Trey Gardner, and hosts more than 500,000 websites worldwide. GreenGeeks is a top-rated web hosting platform that provides you with a powerful, reliable, and secure website hosting service. As a leading provider of hosting services, they have developed cutting-edge technology that sets them apart from the competition.
Key Features of GreenGeeks Hosting:
GreenGeeks web hosting is a powerful web hosting company that provides reliable support for each of its customers. It also offers a wide range of advanced features with all their hosting plans that help you to host a website safely and easily. Let’s look at some of its most notable features.
- One-Click WordPress Installation
- Free domain registration for the first year
- 100% WordPress ready (99.9% uptime guarantee)
- Unlimited Web Space (Except for Lite Plan)
- Unlimited databases are included in all plans
- Unlimited bandwidth for faster website performance
- Unlimited Email Accounts (Except for Lite Plan)
- 1-click installation wizard for WordPress
- FREE Website Migration
- FREE CDN (one-click Cloudflare integration)
- FREE Nightly Backup
- Fast page load times with RAID-10 Storage Arrays
- A powerful, highly scalable cloud infrastructure
- Best speed technologies include LiteSpeed, LSCache, MariaDB, HTTP/2, PHP7, and free CDN
- Real-time security scanning system for websites to keep them safe from vulnerabilities
- 24/7 Technical Support via chat, ticket, or phone
- Risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee
To learn more about GreenGeek’s web hosting features, click this link
GreenGeeks Plan and Pricing
It’s great to own your own website, but did you know that it comes with costs? If you want to avoid having to pay a hefty price tag every month, GreenGeeks is the great solution for you. It offers a variety of hosting packages for any type of website, including personal, business, and e-commerce websites. Let’s take a look at their low-cost WordPress hosting plans.
1. Lite Plan – As part of the special deal, this plan will cost you just $2.49 per month (regular costs $10.95/month). This plan gives you unlimited web space and data transfer, but it only allows you to install one website on the hosting server.
2. Pro Plan – This plan will cost you only $4.95 per month (regular cost $15.95/month). This plan includes unlimited web space and hosting, as well as unlimited data transfer. Also, this plan comes with an additional 2x speed performance.
3. Premium Plan – This is GreenGeeks’ advanced hosting plan, which costs you a special price of $8.95 per month (normally $25.95/month).
This plan includes 1 free dedicated IP address and 1 Premium Alpha SSL. Also included is a 4x speed performance booster.
Check out this post for more information about GreenGeeks hosting: GreenGeeks Review: Is It the Best WordPress Hosting In 2023?
How To Start a Blog with GreenGeeks – Step by Step Quick Guide
As a result of the above factor, I would personally recommend you to choose GreenGeeks hosting without any hesitation.
It is truly a pleasure to be able to host your WordPress website with GreenGeeks as it includes many useful features including one-click installation, staging tool, daily backup, and 24 × 7 customer support, and so on.
I hope that after reading the information above you are now well prepared to expand your blogging career with GreenGeeks. Now let’s take a look at how easy it is to start blogging with GreenGeeks.
We make it easy for you to start using GreenGeeks. Following these simple steps will enable you to set up your first blog within minutes.
I recommend the Ecosite Pro plan if you need unlimited website hosting. Additionally, it comes with more advanced features as well as a powerful 2x performance booster.
Once you have selected your desired hosting plan, click on the Get Started button to access the next step.
2. Setup Your Domain Name
Now, select a domain name for your blog. Additionally, they offer free domain name registration with each hosting plan.
Alternatively, if you already have a domain (registered with another domain registrar), you have the option to continue with the existing domain.
To proceed, simply enter your domain details, then click on the Next button.
3. Fill Out Account Information Details
On the next screen, you will be asked to enter your account details. Make sure you fill out all the details carefully and then complete the payment process.
Once you make the payment, your account will be activated immediately. Then login to your GreenGeeks account and select the Quick Launch Wizard option under the Hosting Account section.
4. Quick Launch Wizard – A New Experience
On the Quick Launch Wizard screen, you will find 4 options.
- Start New Website – This option will allow you to create a brand-new website.
- Migrate Website – Select this option if you want to migrate an existing website from another host to GreenGeeks.
- Starter Site – This option is recommended for WordPress beginners. Setting up your website will be easier with this option.
- Skip This – This option is for those who want to set up their website themselves.
5. Set Up a New WordPress Website
Let’s assume you are familiar with WordPress and want to launch your new website.
Simply choose the “Start a New Website” option to get started creating your website. Then you will have three options. Just select the WordPress option and click on the Continue button.
6. Pick Theme and Plugins
The following screen will allow you to choose a theme for your blog. Additionally, you will find the option to install plugins (LSCache plugin included) that are recommended for your blog.
However, This is not a mandatory step but it will save you time.
Quick Note – If you want your website to perform better and be more secure, always choose a lightweight, SEO-optimized theme and plugins.
7. Final Process
After selecting the theme and plugins then click on the “Create My Website” option. It will take a few seconds to deploy your blog website on WordPress.
Just wait for a moment…
All Done Now… Congrats on your newly launched website.
On the final page, you will find your WordPress login details. Login to your WordPress Dashboard, and start creating content for your blog.
Quick Note – As these login credentials are essential and confidential, they should be kept in your diary or any safe folder, so that if you forget at any time, you can easily find them.
If you are looking to start a WordPress Blog, then you should definitely try GreenGeeks web hosting company. They are affordable and reliable and have a perfect package for you with all the features you might need to get your blog running successfully right from the start.
Please feel free to leave your questions or doubts in the comment section. I will be sure to assist you in setting up your first blog for you.