Are you considering Liquid Web or Nexcess Hosting for your web hosting needs and wondering which one to choose? If so, you’ve come to the right place!
There is no doubt that the world of hosting is rapidly changing, with many new organizations springing up with new and innovative ways to provide hosting services. There are many companies in this field that do things differently, and it becomes very difficult for you to choose a good hosting provider.
In addition to that, when you are searching for a hosting provider, you look for the best support, best service, and the fastest servers. What if you are trapped with Liquid Web and Nexcess which seem to offer many similar features?
Or… What factors will you need to consider?
The answer is simple. Need to understand how each hosting brand works.
- Liquid Web Vs Nexcess – Which One is Better For You?
- 7 Strong Reasons to Use Liquid Web as Your Web Host
- 6 Strong Reasons to Use Nexcess as Your Web Host
- Liquid Web vs Nexcess – Plan & Pricing
- Final Thought On Liquid Web Vs Nexcess
Liquid Web Vs Nexcess – Which One is Better For You?
We hope that after reading our comparison, you can make an informed decision on whether to go with Liquid Web or Nexcess as your next host.
So let’s get started!
Nexcess Is a Part of the Liquid Web Family of Brands
Liquid Web and Nexcess Hosting are both popular among web designers. Over the years, they have developed a solid customer base and are known for their high-quality services.
However, there are so many misconceptions surrounding Liquid Web and Nexcess. People are confused as to whether they are the same hosting provider or not.
This article will help you dispel those myths and clarify the facts for you. Here’s a quick, easy explanation: The first thing we need to understand about Liquid Web and Nexcess is that both brands belong to the Liquid Web family.
Since they offer different benefits, you need to decide what you are looking for and then choose the brand that best suits your needs. In addition, both hosting brands offer the same quality of service, so there is no difference in performance or quality.
Some of Liquid Web Family’s most iconic brands are listed below:
- LiquidWeb (Dedicated & VPS Hosting)
- Nexcess (Managed WordPress and ECommerce Hosting)
- Stellar WP (Portfolio of WordPress themes and Plugins)
Liquid Web Products: Dedicated Servers, VPS, VMware Private Cloud, Multi-Server Solutions.
Nexcess Products: Managed WordPress Hosting, Managed WooCommerce Hosting, Managed Magento Hosting, and more.
Steller WP Products: Give WP (Donation Plugin), iThemes, WP Kadence WordPress theme, and more.
Now let’s take a look at both of these hosting brands separately.
Liquid Web – A Brief Overview
Liquid Web has been providing professional web hosting services since 1997, almost 24 years ago. To meet the needs of web and cloud professionals, the company offers a wide range of products and services.
The products offered by the company include Cloud servers, Dedicated servers, VPS servers, Enterprise hosting, and more. Aside from that, it also offers premium add-ons to enhance the performance and security of your website.
Currently, Liquid Web employs 500+ professionals with expertise in hosting and customer service. Providing customers with excellent customer service is a core part of the company’s mission.
Hence, you can imagine the popularity of the company as it has over 45,000 customers in 150 countries and operates over 5,00,000 websites with the highest level of premium hosting services.
Liquid Web Hosting Features
- The features of Liquid Web’s products and services are listed below:
- Support available 24/7/365
- Cloud Server Options
- Enterprise Level Hardware
- Customer support team with a wealth of knowledge
- White-Glove Migration Service
- Regular backups that are protected by multiple layers
- Privately Owned and Operated Core Data Centers
- 10 Data Centers Around the Globe
- Proactive Hosting Management to provide a secure hosting experience
- Secure & Advanced Servers & Operating Systems for Better Security
- Advanced Firewall Protection
- Plan and pricing transparency
- Premium add-ons available for a premium experience
Nexcess – A Brief Overview
Nexcess is one of the leading web hosting companies that offer fully managed hosting solutions for WordPress, WooCommerce, and Magento. This company was acquired by Liquid Web Company in 2019.
If you are not familiar with Managed Hosting, it refers to specially designed hosting environments for platforms like WordPress, WooCommerce, Magento, Drupal, and more.
Whether it’s an online e-commerce store or a WordPress blog, you can count on Nexcess hosting to provide you faster loading speeds, enhanced security, scalability, and top-notch customer support.
As we discussed above Nexcess is a part of the Liquid Web family, so you can expect the same level of premium experience as Liquid Web offers.
Nexcess Hosting Features
- Auto Scaling for traffic surges, to maintain speed, security, and a great customer experience.
- Static content management with a web server that offers high performance.
- Reliable, redundant, and scalable cloud server for better performance.
- A secure layer is provided to your store transactions by a PCI-compliant hosting environment.
- Protect your data with a staging environment
- Better performance with multi-layered caching
- PHP7 support with optimization
- Guaranteed Uptime of 99.99%
- Always-on security monitoring
- Free site migration with white-glove service
- Access to iThemes Security Pro plugin
- Magento professional support is available
- A team of experts is on hand 24/7
You now understand what Liquid Web and Nexcess are as well as their features. Let’s look at some of the reasons why these hosting providers are generally the best choices for you.
7 Strong Reasons to Use Liquid Web as Your Web Host
1. Fully Managed Cloud & Web Hosting Services
Liquid Web provides complete access to all aspects of managing your website. You don’t need to worry about anything except making sure that everything goes smoothly. Your websites get automatically updated when there are changes made within them.
Additionally, they maintain their servers and operating systems regularly, so you won’t have to worry about security concerns.
Furthermore, you are not required to manually update files or databases since they will do it for you. In the event that something goes wrong with your website, they will assist you to fix it immediately without any delay. So you can dedicate yourself to your business with peace of mind.
2. Enterprise Level Security
When you use Liquid Web, you get more than just a hosting plan; you also get enterprise-grade security services. They offer multiple layers of protection against malware attacks, DDoS attacks, hacking attempts, and more.
Liquid Web is a managed hosting provider with a team of experienced technology experts to help provide the best possible security that they can. They continuously use threat intelligence and vulnerability management to identify and block cyber threats, so they offer advanced host and network protection.
Hackers are always trying to find ways to steal your identity, and money, or spy on your private life in order to sabotage you. Liquid Web will help keep you safe from hackers.
3. Industry’s Best Uptime Guarantee
Finding a reliable host for your website is the key to a successful internet business, so make sure you find one that you can rely on. Liquid Web proudly offers a 100% network and power uptime guarantee to ensure that your websites are operating optimally.
They use advanced routing algorithms to ensure that there are no downtimes on the servers, and they monitor them 100% of the time.
With Liquid Web Dedicated Hosting, you will have a hassle-free hosting experience. Any faulty dedicated server hardware will be replaced within 30 minutes. If the process takes longer, they’ll credit you 10 times the extra time.
In terms of providing rock-solid websites, Liquid Web is the most committed. Their 100% network uptime guarantee is unheard of in the industry and there is no other web host that comes close.
4. Premium 24/7 Support
Liquid Web has a customer support team that provides 24/7 assistance, even on holidays. Their team is made up of friendly and highly qualified people who can help you with any issues you come across.
If you are having issues with your server or network, or have general questions about Liquid Web, the customer support team will be here to help. You can reach them by phone, chat, or support ticket; they will respond in 59 seconds (59 minutes for support tickets).
5. Fastest Loading Speed
As a business owner, you always want your website to be perceived as professional and stable. In order to accomplish that, you need strong and reliable web hosting services. The main reason you should choose Liquid Web as one of your web hosting providers is that they offer you all the features you need.
With Liquid Web, your website will be served by one of the high-performance servers. These are some of the fastest servers on the Internet and will ensure that your website loads extremely fast for all of your visitors.
6. White Glove Migration Service
Data migrations are an important step in the process of migrating an existing website to a new server, and many people find them to be a challenging and intimidating process.
Liquid Web’s Dedicated Migration Team is made up of experts who have performed thousands of migrations, and they know how to put your needs at the center of the process and make your migration simple and painless.
7. Plesk/cPanel/InterWorx Control Panels
Liquid Web offers three control panel solutions – Plesk, InterWorx, and cPanel. Plesk is designed for the hosting and domain industries, InterWorx is designed for hosting service providers, and cPanel is designed for individual users. With Liquid Web, you can choose from any of these control panels based on your requirements. There are no added costs unless you opt for a yearly or biannual hosting plan.
6 Strong Reasons to Use Nexcess as Your Web Host
1. Truly Managed Hosting Solutions
Many of us who are running our own businesses may not have the time or the skillset to manage all of the complex tasks that are associated with web hosting. Managed hosting refers to a service where your web host will take care of repetitive tasks for you, such as monitoring your server, backing up your data, proactive patching, managing your email accounts, or any other tasks you may need assistance with.
With Nexcess, a leading hosting provider, you can enjoy a truly managed hosting experience for your WordPress website or eCommerce store. In addition, they are among the most reliable managed hosting solutions that will keep your site up and running smoothly.
They stand out from other shared hosting providers because they are actually managed, which means they host the server for you and handle the updates and security. Whether you’re looking for a basic hosting plan for a blog or you’re running a high-load eCommerce store, Nexcess has a great solution for you.
2. Top-notch Security
A good web hosting provider offers great security features that will prevent your website from being hacked. It may surprise you to know that nearly 30,000 websites are hacked every single day. Therefore, you should choose a web hosting service that offers excellent security features.
In response, Nexcess provides the most secure hosting environment for your website. They offer a pretty secure environment for your website. They offer multiple layers of protection against malware attacks, DDoS attacks, hacking attempts, and more.
They also provide you with all major security features, like, daily backup, 24/7 server monitoring, free SSL certificate, and more.
As a bonus, Nexcess also offers the iThemes Security Pro plugin (pricing plans start at $89/year) for free with all their hosting plans. This plugin is one of the most powerful WordPress security plugins to secure your sites.
So if you want to protect your high-level hosting needs, Nexcess is the best choice for you.
3. User-friendly Control Panel
Are you looking for a host that offers an easy-to-use dashboard? If you are, then Nexcess is something you should consider. There are many nifty features on the dashboard, including managing DNS, email accounts, MySQL, PhpMyAdmin, SSL installations (owned SSL and let’s encrypt both supported), backups, and FTP. The dashboard is also very user-friendly and conveniently located in one place.
4. Auto-scaling For Traffic Management
Nexcess is a web hosting company that provides a variety of features including auto-scaling. This is a feature that would come in handy for any company that experiences occasional traffic spikes.
With “auto-scaling”, you don’t have to worry about upgrading your plan to handle these surges in traffic, as your website’s resources will automatically expand to meet the traffic demand.
5. No Overage Fees
Web hosting providers have different ways of reacting when you’ve exceeded your allotted bandwidth for a given month. Some will charge you an overage fee for every 1000 visitors over your monthly visits limit.
Nexcess, however, doesn’t charge overage fees, which makes it a much more appealing choice.
6. Performance, Security, and Support Guaranteed
Nexcess offers top-of-the-line performance and reliability, along with some unique features like Built-in CDN, automated updates, instant auto-scaling, pre-installed plugins, one-click staging, and free website migration services.
Additionally, they provide 24/7 technical support via live chat, telephone calls, and email. So whenever you have a technical issue, their support team is just one step away.
In addition, Nexcess provides some freebies tools to help you grow your online business. These include Visual Compare, WP Merge, iThemes Security Pro, iThemes Sync, TinyPNG, and Qubely Pro.
Liquid Web vs Nexcess – Plan & Pricing
Now let’s compare the plans offered by both hosting brands:
Liquid Web Hosting Plan/Packages
In this post, we’ll discuss a few of the more popular hosting plans from Liquid Web instead of all of them. See the in-depth details of all the plans and pricing on this page.
- Managed VPS Hosting
- Managed Dedicated Server Hosting
- Managed Cloud Server
- Enterprise Hosting
1. Managed VPS Hosting (Linux)
Liquid Web currently offers 4 VPS hosting plan options, which are listed below.
1) VPS 2 GB – This plan costs you $15/month ($360 Billed Up Front for 2 Years). With this plan, you get 2 vCPU cores, 40 GB SSD storage, and 10 TB bandwidth.
2) VPS 4 GB – This plan costs you $25/month ($600 Billed Up Front for 2 Years). With this plan, you get 4 vCPU cores, 100 GB SSD storage, and 10 TB bandwidth.
3) VPS 8 GB – This plan costs you $35/month ($840 Billed Up Front for 2 Years). With this plan, you get 8 vCPU cores, 150 GB SSD storage, and 10 TB bandwidth.
4) VPS 16 GB – This plan costs you $95/month ($2280 Billed Up Front for 2 Years). With this plan, you get 8 vCPU cores, 200 GB SSD storage, and 10 TB bandwidth.
2. Managed Dedicated Hosting
There are 3 dedicated hosting plan options offered by Liquid Web.
1) Intel Xeon 1230v6 – This plan will cost you $169 per month ($2028 Billed Up Front for 1 Year). With this plan, you get 4 cores @ 3.9 GHz Max, 16 GB RAM, and 5 TB bandwidth.
2) Intel Xeon Gold 6226R – Single – This plan will cost you $224.25/month (promotional discount applied). With this plan, you get 16 cores @ 2.9 GHz (3.9 Max Turbo), 32 GB RAM, and 8 TB bandwidth.
3) Intel Xeon Gold 6226R – Dual – This plan will cost you $374.25/month (promotional discount applied). With this plan, you get 32 cores @ 2.9 GHz (3.9 Max Turbo), 64 GB RAM, and 8 TB bandwidth.
3. Managed Cloud server Hosting
Among Liquid Web’s cloud server hosting plans, there are three choices.
1) Standard ($265/mo) – This plan comes with cPanel Server, Load Balancer, 960 GB SSD File Storage, 10 TB Transfer per VM, Acronis Cyber Backup, CentOS 7 with cPanel.
2) Professional ($500/mo) – The mid-ranger advance pack offers cPanel Server, Web Nodes (2), Load Balancer, NFS Replication, 960 GB SSD File Storage, 10 TB Transfer per VM, Acronis Cyber Backup, CentOS 7 with cPanel.
3) Premier ($740/mo) – The best and top-of-the-line pack plan offers a cPanel Server, Web Nodes (4), Load Balancer, NFS Replication, 1440 GB SSD File Storage, 10 TB Transfer per VM, Acronis Cyber Backup, CentOS 7 with cPanel.
4. Enterprises Hosting (VMware Private Cloud)
From Liquid Web, you can choose from two VMware hosting plans.
1) Multi-Tenant VMware Private Cloud ($510/mo) – Its pricing depends on the resources you choose. The plan includes 12 vCPUs, 32 GB RAM, and 1,000 GB storage.
2) Dedicated VMware Private Cloud ($1,599/mo) – The plan includes 64 Cores, 256 GB RAM, and 2.5 TB SAN Storage.
Nexcess Hosting Plan/Packages
Instead of discussing all of Nexcess’ hosting plans, we will examine a few of their popular ones.
- Managed WordPress Hosting
- Managed WooCommerce Hosting
- Manage Magento Hosting
1. Managed WordPress Hosting
There are 7 packages offered by Nexcess in managed WordPress hosting, which are listed below.
1) Spark – This is an entry-level plan that costs $15.83/month (when billed annually OR $19/month when paid monthly). This plan comes with one domain hosting, 15GB storage, and 2TB bandwidth.
2) Maker – The cost of this plan is $65.83/month (if billed annually or $79/month if paid monthly). The package includes 40GB storage and 3TB bandwidth for hosting up to 5 websites.
3) Designer – The cost of this plan is $90.83/month (if billed annually or $109/month if paid monthly). The package includes 60GB storage and 4TB bandwidth for hosting up to 10 websites.
4) Builder – The cost of this plan is $124.17/month (if billed annually or $149/month if paid monthly). The package includes 100GB storage and 5TB bandwidth for hosting up to 25 websites.
5) Producer – The cost of this plan is $249.17/month (if billed annually or $299/month if paid monthly). The package includes 300GB storage and 5TB bandwidth for hosting up to 50 websites.
6) Executive – The cost of this plan is $457.50/month (if billed annually or $549/month if paid monthly). The package includes 500GB storage and 10TB bandwidth for hosting up to 100 websites.
7) Enterprise – The cost of this plan is $832.50/month (if billed annually or $999/month if paid monthly). The package includes 800GB storage and 10TB bandwidth for hosting up to 250 websites.
Nexcess offer the following list of features with all of their managed WordPress hosting plans:
- WordPress Core Updates
- WordPress Plugin Updates
- Visual Regression Testing
- One-Click Staging Site
- Free SSL Certificates
- Daily Backups
- iThemes Security Pro
- PHP 7 Compatible
- Nexcess CDN
- Image Compression
- Image Lazy Loading
2. Managed WooCommerce Hosting
As a managed WooCommerce hosting provider, Nexcess offers 6 packages listed below.
1) Starter – The monthly price for this plan is $15.83 (if paid annually or $19 if paid monthly). Host one store site, 30GB storage, and Up to 500 orders per hour.
2) Creator – The monthly price for this plan is $65.83 (if paid annually or $79 if paid monthly). Host up to 3 store sites, 60GB storage, and Up to 1,000 orders per hour.
3) Merchant – The monthly price for this plan is $124.17 (if paid annually or $149 if paid monthly). Host up to 5 store sites, 100GB storage, and Up to 2,500 orders per hour.
4) Standard – The monthly price for this plan is $249.17 (if paid annually or $299 if paid monthly). Host up to 10 store sites, 300GB storage, and Up to 3,000 orders per hour.
5) Growth – The monthly price for this plan is $457.50 (if paid annually or $549 if paid monthly). Host up to 20 store sites, 500GB storage, and Up to 5,000 orders per hour.
6) Enterprise – The monthly price for this plan is $832.50 (if paid annually or $999 if paid monthly). Host up to 30 store sites, 800GB storage, and Up to 10,000 orders per hour.
All managed WooCommerce hosting plans from Nexcess include the following features:
- Sales Performance Monitor
- Astra Pro WordPress Theme
- WP 101 WooCommerce Tutorials
- Thank You Redirect Extension for WooCommerce
- WordPress Core Updates
- WordPress Plugin Updates
- Visual Regression Testing
- One-Click Staging Site
- Free SSL Certificates
- Daily Backups
- iThemes Security Pro
- PHP 7 Compatible
- Nexcess CDN Included
- Image Compression
- mage Lazy Loading
3. Managed Magento Hosting
Nexcess offers 6 Magento hosting packages listed below.
1) XS Plan ($49/mo) – This plan includes 10 domains, 20 concurrent users, 50GB of storage, and 1TB of bandwidth.
2) S Plan ($99/mo) – This plan includes 15 domains, 40 concurrent users, 75GB of storage, and 2TB of bandwidth.
3) M Plan ($179/mo) – This plan includes 20 domains, 60 concurrent users, 125GB of storage, and 3TB of bandwidth.
4) L Plan ($299/mo) – This plan includes 30 domains, 80 concurrent users, 20GB RAM, 400GB of storage and 5TB of bandwidth.
5) XL Plan ($549/mo) – This plan includes 40 domains, 100 concurrent users, 26GB RAM, 600GB of storage and 8TB of bandwidth.
6) XXL Plan ($849/mo) – This plan includes 50 domains, 120 concurrent users, 32GB RAM, 800GB of storage and 10TB of bandwidth.
Final Thought On Liquid Web Vs Nexcess
It is important to be aware that Liquid Web and Nexcess belong to the same Liquid Web family. It’s entirely up to you which hosting plan you choose for your website. Whenever you need a managed hosting for your WordPress site or WooCommerce store, Nexcess is the best option.
If you’re interested in a Cloud, VPS, or dedicated server for your website, Liquid Web is the great way to go.
Before you make a decision, keep in mind that with both hosting brands you will get an advanced level of security, performance, and support.
Is there anything you’d like to share about Nexcess or Liquid Web? You can share your thoughts below by leaving a comment!
We encourage you to share the post about Liquid Web vs Nexcess with your friends and family, so as many people as possible have the opportunity to learn about these amazing products. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.