If you are in the online industry, you definitely understand the power of Google Analytics. This is one of the advanced analytics tools by Google that helps you grow your business through insightful data reports and analysis.
In simple terms, Google Analytics is a widely used free analytic tool that tracks your website visitors’ data and compiles it into useful reports, so you can access your business performance and take appropriate action on it.
Apart from that, Google Analytics is an advanced tool specially designed for analytics professionals, which is why Google offers a dedicated Analytics Academy to learn it technically.
So, if you’re a beginner or don’t have enough technical knowledge, Google Analytics in-depth reports might be complex for you to determine how well your business is performing.
But don’t worry at all.
The good news is that there is a wide range of options available to access Google Analytics reports in the easiest way, even if you are not technical.
- MonsterInsights Review 2021: Is It The #1 Google Analytics Plugin?
- What is MonsterInsight?
- Top 5 Strong Reasons to Consider MonsterInsights Google Analytics Plugin
- Monsterinsights Advanced Analytics Tracking Add-ons to Improve Your Business Performance
- Monsterinsights Plan & Pricing: Is Monsterinsights Worth It?
- How to Install Google Analytics on the WordPress Site Using Monsterinsights?
- Final Thoughts
Whether you are a blogger, affiliate marketer, digital marketer, or any other website owner, if you are using WordPress for your website or blog, here is the most popular MonsterInsights Google Analytics WordPress plugin is available that provides you with easy-to-understand analytics data reports to improve the performance of your business.
In this detailed MonsterInsights review guide, we’ll discuss all the features of this plugin and find out how you can enhance your online presence by using this plugin.
MonsterInsights Review 2021: Is It The #1 Google Analytics Plugin?
What is MonsterInsight?
With over 3 million active installations, MonsterInsights is one of the best and most popular (of course) Google Analytics plugins for WordPress that offers you to set up Google Analytics on your website in just a few clicks. One of the best things is that you don’t need to edit any code or hire a developer to set up with Google Analytics.
This plugin was originally called Google Analytics for WordPress and developed by Yoast SEO, famous for its WordPress SEO plugin. But in 2016, it was acquired by Awesome Motive (a parent of WPBeginner) and rebranded as MonsterInsights.
By using the MonsterInsight plugin on your website, you can access all the important data from Google Analytics directly in your WordPress dashboard. Not only that, but you can accurately track further advanced data with a single click such as Affiliate Links, SEO Score, Category & Tags, Focus Keywords, and many more.
The best thing I love most about this plugin is that you will get all the data in a customized way so that you can quickly understand and make a proper decision.
MonsterInsights is undoubtedly the best in terms of support, features, and performance, so whatever business you own, if you use this plugin on your website, you will get a simplified Google analytics experience.
Top 5 Strong Reasons to Consider MonsterInsights Google Analytics Plugin
When it comes to Google Analytics, there are a lot of plugin options available out there. But if you’re looking for a reliable, well-optimized, and secure Google Analytics plugin for your website, MonsterInsights is one of my top recommendations.
Here is the list of the top 5 reasons to choose MonsterInsights to track your website in 2021 and beyond.
1. Quick & easy setup – Whether you’re a beginner or a non-techie, setting up Google Analytics with your website isn’t a big deal. MonsterInsights offers an effortless process to set up Google Analytics in your WordPress website or blog. You literally don’t need to edit any code or hire a developer, just install the plugin and activate the required features and that’s it.
2. More refined analytics reports – One of the best things about the MonsterInsights plugin is that it brings all your important analytics reports from Google Analytics right into your WordPress dashboard in a more refined and well-structured way. Even if you are not a Google Analytics expert, by using this plugin you can easily understand all reports and make a quick decision to grow your business accordingly.
3. Real-time analytics reports – MonsterInsights is an advanced Google Analytics plugin that provides you with real-time traffic analytics reports right in the WordPress dashboard, such as traffic source, traffic volume, traffic behavior, and many more. These real-time analytical reports will help you take immediate action to improve your website performance.
4. Search Console Report – As you already know, Google Search Console is the tool that provides you with an in-depth analytical report on how your website ranks on Google. So that you can further optimize your website to increase your organic traffic.
Here’s good news for you, now by using the MonsterInsights plugin on your website, you can access your Google Search Console data right from your WordPress dashboard.
5. Analytics Reports on Email – MonsterInsights has an amazing built-in feature, where you’ll get weekly summaries of the most important analytics reports straight to your email inbox. So this will also help you analyze your website performance.
Monsterinsights Advanced Analytics Tracking Add-ons to Improve Your Business Performance
By using the MonsterInsights plugin on your website, you can track all advanced web performance reports from your WordPress dashboard. The best part here is that all of these reports are fully customized to provide you with quick and easy tracking solutions. Let’s take a look at some of the major tracking reports.
1. eCommerce performance tracking – If you have an eCommerce website, and looking for a way to track your website performance, the MonsterInsight is a perfect plugin for you.
Using the MonsterInsights eCommerce add-on, you can quickly track all eCommerce metrics with just a few clicks, such as the total number of transactions, conversion rate, total revenue, average order value, and so on. Ultimately, by analyzing these metrics, you can increase your revenue and take your online store to the next level.
2. Outbound link tracking – You can now automatically track all the outbound link clicks on your website. It will help you to have better insight into your web user’s behavior so that you can analyze their intent exactly.
3. Affiliate link tracking – If you are a blogger or affiliate marketer, you can accurately track the performance of all your affiliate links in one place.
4. Enhanced link attribution – The enhanced link attribution feature allows you to track the performance of the landing page on your website. Using this feature, you can analyze, which links on your landing page are getting more clicks.
5. File download tracking – If you have a file download option on your website, using this feature you can quickly find out the total number of files uploaded by users.
6. Scroll tracking – MonsterInsights offers a one-click option to enable scroll-depth tracking for your website. Using this feature, you can track the user’s engagement in your content. This will help you optimize your content accordingly.
7. Forms tracking – MonsterInsights form tracking addon allows you to track all of your WordPress lead forms, signup forms, and contact forms to analyze relevant important data.
9. Custom dimensions report – This addon allows you to track useful dimensions of your WordPress website like most popular authors, categories, tags, post type, focus keywords, and so on.
10. Page insights addon – This addon allows you to analyze the data of all your posts and pages directly from your WordPress admin bar. So you can quickly analyze the performance of any page or post at any time.
Above I have only mentioned some of the major analytics tracking features, but the list is too long. You can check out all the analytics tracking features from here.
Monsterinsights Plan & Pricing: Is Monsterinsights Worth It?
MonsterInsights offers both free and pro versions for their Google Analytics plugin. The free version (MonsterInsights Lite Plugin) only offers a few basic features with one click of Google Analytics integration.
MonsterInsights Pro plugin comes in 3 pricing packages which are:
- Plus (Single site license)
- Pro (5 sites license)
- Agency (25 sites license)
1. Plus – It’s the perfect plan for beginners who’re running a single WordPress website and it costs you only $99.50 per year.
2. Pro – It’s the perfect plan for multiple websites or eCommerce businesses, and it only costs you $199.50 per year.
3. Agency – It’s the perfect plan for digital marketing, SEO, or web development agencies, and it costs you just $ 399.50 per year.
So what are you waiting for?
How to Install Google Analytics on the WordPress Site Using Monsterinsights?
As you already understand the benefits of using the MonsterInsights Google Analytics plugin. Now take a look at the process of installing Google Analytics on your website using MonsterInsights.
So let’s get started.
First of all, you need to login into your WordPress account.
then, In the left-hand side menu:
Go to Plugin » Add New » Install and Activate MonsterInsights Google Analytics Plugin
After installing the plugin on your website go to the left-hand side menu and click on the Insight option. there you will see the option “Launch Setup Wizard”, Just click on it.
On the next screen, you will be asked to choose your website category (a business website, blog, or eCommerce store). Select one and click on the “Save and continue” button.
On the next screen, you will see the option to connect your WordPress site to Google Analytics. To connect your website, simply click on the “Connect MonsterInsights” button.
Then you will be taken to the Google login page, where you will be asked to sign in with your Gmail account. Simply select the account that you want to connect with Google Analytics.
Next, you will be asked to allow MonsterInsights to access your Google Analytics account. Click on the “Allow” button to continue.
On the next screen, you will be asked to select the profile you want to track. Just simply select your website and click the “Complete Connection” button to continue.
Now the MonsterInsights will configure Google Analytics with your website and you will be redirected to the “Recommendation Settings” page.
Most of the time, you don’t need to modify the default settings except one. If you have an affiliate website and you are using an affiliate link Cloaker plugin to manage your affiliate links, then you need to add the path you use to cloak affiliate links. This will allow you to track your affiliate links in Google Analytics.
Click on the “Save and Continue” button to save your settings.
On the next screen, you will see the option of paid add-ons. You can simply click the “Save and Continue” button to skip this step.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured your website with Google Analytics.
Quick Note – Google Analytics may take a while to show you the analytics data on your WordPress dashboard.
If you want to speed up your analytics process, the MonsterInsights Google Analytics plugin is definitely a better option for you. One of the best parts is here, you don’t have to be an expert at Google Analytics and you can manage all your analytics reports from your WordPress dashboard.
In this comprehensive MonsterInsights review post, I’ve discussed all the important aspects of the Google Analytics plugin, which will help you make your decision even easier.
If you found this article useful, please share it with others and let me know in the comment if you still have any questions.