If you are a blogger or website owner, and having any issue with website loading speed. Then you have come to the right place.
As we all know, website loading speed is an essential factor in getting search engine ranking, high conversion rate, and better user experience. So if you want to speed up your WordPress website, you should always consider using a responsive cache plugin.
There are so many WordPress caching plugin options out there, But when it comes to fully automated cache plugins, WP Rocket is one of the most popular and reliable options.
Here in this in-depth WP Rocket review guide, you will get all the information you need to decide whether this is the right cache plugin for your website or not.
So are you ready to find them out? Let’s get into the details.
- WP Rocket Review: Is It The #1 Cache Plugin for WordPress?
- What is WP Rocket?
- Important Basic Features of WP Rocket Plugin
- 5 Fantastic Reasons to Use WP Rocket in 2021
- Can WP Rocket Really Speed Up WordPress Websites?
- What Are Some Alternatives to WP Rocket?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- What Are the Pros and Cons of Using WP Rocket Plugin?
- Wondering if You Should Pay for a Premium Cache Plugin?
- Final Thoughts | WP Rocket Review 2021
WP Rocket Review: Is It The #1 Cache Plugin for WordPress?
What is WP Rocket?
WP Rocket is a premium WordPress plugin that helps you optimize your website for fast loading speed.
It was founded in 2013 by website creation expert Jonathan Buttigieg and Jean-Baptiste Marchand-Arvier.
WP Rocket is the most powerful, lightweight, easy to setup plugin, So even if you are non-techie, you can easily configure this plugin on your website.
WP Rocket is undoubtedly one of the most trusted WordPress caching plugins in terms of support, features, and performance. Not only that, but It’s also one of the most recommended cache plugins by WordPress Experts since 2014.
Now let’s check out some impressive stats about WP Rocket:
You would be surprised to know that over 1.3 million websites worldwide are optimized with WP Rocket.
With over 1.5 lacs happy customers, WP Rocket is the leading caching plugin for WordPress sites.
Important Basic Features of WP Rocket Plugin
Quick & Easy Setup – WP Rocket configuration is simple and easy. If you are a newbie and don’t have any coding skills, you can easily set up this plugin on your WordPress website.
Cloudflare Compatibility – If you use the free Cloudflare CDN on your website, you can easily integrate your Cloudflare account with WP Rocket. Then you can manage your Cloudflare cache directly from your WordPress dashboard.
Multisite Compatibility* – If you are using the subdomain on your website with the same top-level domain, you may use the same license key for all the subdomains.
eCommerce Friendly – One of the best things about WP Rocket is that if you have an eCommerce website and you use Woocommerce, Easy Digital Download, Jigoshop, iTheme Exchange, or WP-Shop, then your cart and checkout pages will automatically be excluded from cache.
Multilingual Compatibility – WP Rocket is compatible with all well-known multilingual plugins such as WPML, Polylang, and qTranslate.
Import/Export Settings – You can easily import your WP Rocket configuration settings and export them to another website.
Developer Friendly – WP Rocket’s code structure is developed according to WordPress best practices. And it has plenty of hooks for developers to do advanced customization easily.
One-click Add-ons – WP rocket has a one-click option to integrate with other third-party tools without any configuration settings including Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, Varnish, Cloudflare, and Sucuri.
Click This Link to know more about WP Rocket cache plugin features.
5 Fantastic Reasons to Use WP Rocket in 2021
Here we will discuss some of the amazing features that set WP Rocket apart from other competitors and make it a feature-rich plugin.
1. Quick Cache Optimization – Website caching is one of the most beneficial technologies, which helps to improve the loading speed of your websites so that you get better SEO scores and a great user experience.
WP Rocket has a cool feature, which allows you to manage your website cache at different levels with just one click.
Mobile Cache: You would be surprised to know that, according to the Statista report, the percentage of website traffic from mobile devices is approximately half of the total web traffic worldwide.
WP Rocket has a separate mobile cache option, by enabling this feature you can optimize your website for the mobile segment audience.
User Cache: If your website has user-specific content or if you have a membership website, in this case, WP Rocket has a dedicated feature to maintain different cache files for different users, such as logged-in users and non-logged-in users.
For better understanding, let’s take a look at all the settings:
3. Database Optimization – Over time your WordPress database will grow, which will impact on slowing down your website load speed. To resolve this issue, WP Rocket has an incredible set of features to optimize your database.
If you don’t need it, you have the option to auto clean up post revisions, drafts, and deleted posts in the trash folder.
There is also an option for better database optimization to automatically clean up spam and trashed comments on your blog and pages.
To reduce the overhead of database tables, WP Rocket has a one-click option to optimize your database table; You don’t need to do anything manually. Not only that, but you can also schedule to automatically clean up your database on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
4. CDN Integration – Using CDN (Content Delivery Network) with your website is an effective way to speed up your website. And the best part is that WP Rocket is generally compatible with most CDN providers, including Cloudflare, Amazon Cloudfront, MaxCDN, KeyCDN, and others.
5. Media Optimization – As we already know, web loading speed plays a vital role in the success of any online business. In other words, if you want to enjoy better search rankings and a great user experience, your website should have a fast loading speed.
Large Media files are one of the significant factors which directly affect the loading speed. WP Rocket has some great media optimization features to help with this issue.
LazyLoad: LazyLoad is a fantastic media optimization feature by WP Rocket, which delays the loading of all images on your website until the user scrolls down the page and actually needs to see them.
Emoji: This is also one of the amazing optimization features of WP Rocket. This feature allows you to load all the emojis in your content directly from the website visitor’s browser, instead of loading from your server.
WebP Compatibility: WebP is an advanced image format developed by Google to provide superior lossless and lossy compression images on the web. WP Rocket has an inbuilt one-click option to serve WebP images to all compatible browsers.
Quick Note: WP Rocket has no option to create WebP images. So if you want to generate WebP images, we recommend using Imagify.
Can WP Rocket Really Speed Up WordPress Websites?
As we have already discussed the unique features of WP Rocket, and we know that it is not enough to decide whether you should go for it or not.
So we run a live speed test on our website by using the WP Rocket plugin so that it becomes easy for you to understand the performance of this plugin.
To make it easier for you, we’ve also run the same speed test using other cache plugins, including W3 Total Cache, and WP Fastest Cache, so you can easily compare the results and make your decision.
Here are the results (with W3 total cache) –
- PageSpeed score: 94%
- YSlow Score: 90%
- Fully loaded time: 1.6 seconds
- Total page size: 790 KB
- Requests: 28
Here are the results (with WP fastest cache) –
- PageSpeed score: 92%
- YSlow Score: 89%
- Fully loaded time: 1.7 seconds
- Total page size: 1.04 MB
- Requests: 38
Here are the results (with WP Rocket) –
- PageSpeed score: 98%
- YSlow Score: 96%
- Fully loaded time: 1.2 seconds
- Total page size: 760 MB
- Requests: 17
As you can see, with the WP Rocket plugin, the overall results are exceptional. Therefore, if there is no issue with the investment in a premium plugin and loading speed matters for you, purchasing WP Rocket is probably the right choice.
Click on this exclusive link to speed up your WordPress blog with WP Rocket
What Are Some Alternatives to WP Rocket?
Although WP Rocket is the best WordPress caching plugin on the market today, if you are a beginner and don’t want to spend money on a premium plugin, there are tons of alternatives to WP Rocket.
So let’s take a look at some of the popular WordPress caching plugins that you can consider.
- W3 total cache (Free)
- WP Super Cache (Free)
- LiteSpeed Cache (Free)
- Hyper Cache (Free)
- WP Fastest Cache (Freemium)
- Comet Cache (Freemium)
It is totally up to you what exactly you expect from your website performance. All the above plugins come with limited functionality. You will need to install additional plugins to get premium features like lazyLoad, preload cache, mobile cache, automatic post, and comment cleanup, and so on.
Let’s take a look at the screenshot to compare some features with major caching plugins.
One more thing, WP Rocket offers top-notch technical support; Whenever you need any technical assistance with the plugin, they are here to help.
But if you decide to use any free cache plugin, remember that you can’t expect to get any technical support from the plugin.
How Much Does It Cost?
As mentioned earlier, WP Rocket is a premium WordPress caching plugin, and they proudly offer the following 3 pricing options.
- Single Licence – ($49 for 1 website) you’ll get 1 year of support and updates.
- Plus Licence – ($99 for 3 websites) you’ll get 1 year of support and updates.
- Infinite Licence – ($249 for unlimited websites) you’ll get 1 year of support and updates.
Quick Note: WP Rocket offers a hassle-free 14-day money-back guarantee with all plans, so if you’re not happy with their service, you can ask for your refund.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Using WP Rocket Plugin?
All WordPress cache plugins have their pros and cons. Some you can live with, and some you cannot ignore. Here are the pros and cons of WP Rocket that we learned from our experience.
- WP Rocket is the fastest caching solution on WordPress and relatively easy to set up compared to some others.
- The user interface (UI) is excellent for making quick changes without being overloaded with tons of detail.
- WP Rocket has always been working to improve its features and functions. Of course, it will always surprise you.
- Best in class customer support, even providing solutions to issues that turn out to have nothing to do with WP Rocket.
- All major features in one plugin including LazyLoad, Database Optimization, DNS Prefetch, Ecommerce Compatibility, Multisite Compatibility, Sitemap Preload, and so on.
- No questions asked, hassle-free 14 days money back guarantee.
- Everything is well documented in quick tutorials, tips, and short how-to videos.
- Lack of technical support with live chat.
- Nothing major to complain about until now.
Wondering if You Should Pay for a Premium Cache Plugin?
As we mentioned earlier, there are tons of free cache plugin options available here; so now you are wondering why should I pay for the premium cache plugin?
Am I right?
Here are some strong reasons to choose the WP Rocket premium cache plugin.
- Technical Support
- Regular Updates
- Premium Features
- Extensive Documentation
1. Technical Support – One of the main reasons you choose premium elements (theme or plugin) is that you will also get free premium support. As a premium plugin, WP Rocket also offers dedicated technical support, so if you have a technical issue, you can request support at any time.
On the other side, if you are using a free cache plugin on your website and If you get yourself into trouble, you can’t expect any technical support from that plugin developers.
2. Regular Updates – Another major reason is that all premium products including themes, plugins, or tools regularly update their products as required.
WP Rocket always tries to maintain a bug-free environment for its users, so update its product regularly to the most recent version of WordPress.
3. Premium Features – As a premium plugin, WP Rocket offers a ton of premium features that you don’t find in free caching plugins, including cache preloading, Lazyload, CloudFlare compatibility, mobile detection, and more. Also, you might not need to install a separate plugin to get additional functionality.
4. Extensive Documentation – WP Rocket comes with everything you need to get started quickly and easily. If you are a beginner or don’t have any technical skills, or stuck anywhere with the plugin, go through the super extensive documentation on the WP Rocket website, here you will find quick step by step tutorials to configure this plugin on your website.
You can find here “https://docs.wp-rocket.me/“
Now, we think it is enough reasons to get started with the WP Rocket cache plugin. So what are you still waiting for?
Grab the WP Rocket plugin now using the following link.
Final Thoughts | WP Rocket Review 2021
WP Rocket is one of the most popular WordPress cache plugins. When you compare WP Rocket to its competitors, I certainly agree that it’s not a free plugin and you have to pay for it, but I think it’s worth every penny.
WP Rocket comes with tons of premium features that you will not get with any free plugins.
So if you are looking for a feature-rich high performance caching plugin for your website, WP Rocket is a great choice for you.
So what are you waiting for? Pick the right cache plugin for your website and if you have any doubts or questions, feel free to comment below, I will certainly help you with.