Do you want to know how to start a blog in 2021, and how to make money from it?
And believe me, it’s the right decision you made.
But before continuing further, I want to clarify that if you are going to start blogging for fun, then you can start with no cost, write whatever comes to your mind, get few or no visitors, earn nothing in return, and everything is fine.
But I am sure you don’t want that.
You are here means that you want to start a blog, where you can make a decent amount of money to pay all your bills.
Am I right?
I understand that blogging can be terrifying and confusing, and you might be wondering where to start or how you are going to make money from blogging.
You don’t need to worry.
You have just made the right decision to come here because this comprehensive guide on how to start a blog may change your blogging future!
- Why Should You Start A Blog In 2021?
- How To Start A Blog – Step By Step Guide
- Step 1: Find a Perfect Niche for Your Blog
- Step 2: Choose a Blogging Platform
- Step 3: Pick a Good Domain Name for Your Blog
- Step 4: Find a Good Web Hosting Provider
- Step 5: Set Up Your WordPress Blog
- Step 6: Choose a Responsive Theme for Your Blog
- Step 7: Some Essential Plugin for Your Blog
- Step 8: How to Write and Publish Your First Blog Post
- Step 9: How to Promote Your Blog
- Step 10: How to Make Money From Your Blog
- FAQs – How To Start A Blog In 2021
- Final Thoughts: How To Start A Blog In 2021
Why Should You Start A Blog In 2021?
You would be surprised to know there are over 600 million blogs out of around 1.7 billion websites globally. By this, you can imagine the rivalry in the blogging industry.
But still, It’s the perfect time to start your blogging career. If you have a business mindset, you can scale your blog and earn a good income.
Whether you are a beginner, have a business, or want to make money, I will show you why blogging is still relevant in 2021.
1. Grow your business – Whether you are in an existing business or plan to start a new one, blogging plays an important role. It helps to generate traffic to your website, increasing your sales leads and customer satisfaction.
2. Income Potential – Maybe some of you are thinking, why do people blog? The answer is quite simple; there is undoubtedly a lot of earning potential. If you are an active and consistent blogger and know how blogging works, you can make money by selling your products, ebooks, advertising, and affiliate marketing.
3. Work Freedom – Blogging allow you to live your life like a boss. There is no time limit like on 9 to 5 jobs. You can plan your work schedule according to your convenience. This freedom makes blogging more lucrative.
4. Show your Expertise – Blogging is the platform that allows you to express your thoughts, ideas, and expertise with the world through content writing. The benefit here is that you will get your audience base, and you can also earn extra money.
How To Start A Blog – Step By Step Guide
I hope you have made your mindset to live your life like a successful blogger. And now, you eagerly want to start your first blog.
Am I right?
Before starting, I make it clear that blogging is not hard to get started, but turning it into a profitable blog is a big deal.
Cool, I’m not trying to demotivate you, I only intend to make it clear that you need your proper intention to get started.
Now let’s dive into the main topic of how to start a blog in 2021.
In this guide, you will get all the essential information step by step, so that it will becomes more easy for you to start a profitable blog without any hassle.
Step 1: Find a Perfect Niche for Your Blog
The very first thing you need to do is choose a niche for your blog.
Now you are wondering what niche is all about and how to choose the perfect niche for your blog.
For better understanding, a niche is all about a specific topic about any category you choose for your blog.
For example, if you find within the category of health, there are so many different topics or niches: six-pack abs, weight loss for women, yoga, and so on.
It is a crucial step because your blog’s success depends on the topic you choose.
So, now the question is how to find a perfect niche for your blog?
To find a perfect or profitable niche, you need to do some basic research. There are mainly three approaches to picking a niche or topic for your blog.
1. Passion – First of all, you should make a list of all topics you are passionate about and have the proper knowledge.
2. User Intent – Now, you need to do some online research and try to find user intent. Make a list of those topics that people are looking to read on.
3. Profitability – Now you have a list of all the topics you have created above. It is time to discover the profitability of each.
You should review search traffic volume for all the topics and research how many affiliate products are available in the market for a particular topic or niche.
Of course, it would be perfect if you choose those topics that fit both the above approaches. But if you have to choose one, the best approach, in my opinion, is to blog about those topics that more people want to read about.
If you choose a topic that people are searching for, you will have a good chance of driving a lot of traffic to your blog.
Once you start generating more traffic, you can then monetize your blog to earn money.
Here is the list of some of the best well known profitable blog niches –
- Personal development
- Home Decor
- Beauty and fashion
- Relationship advice
- Personal finance
- Health and Fitness
- Diet and nutrition
- Food and healthy eating
- DIY and crafting
Pro Tips – Don’t choose a niche just because you are passionate about it; always check its profitability. Otherwise, it will become more difficult for you to earn money from it.
Step 2: Choose a Blogging Platform
There are tons of free and paid blogging platforms available, including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Wix, Blogger, and many more.
However, I recommend you to go with Self-hosted WordPress.
Now the question is why?
Because it is the simplest of all, and it comes with all the features you will ever need.
You can create any blog or website on this WordPress without any technical knowledge. It offers a wide variety of free themes and plugins to improve the functionality of your blog website.
There are also third party premium themes and plugins available online. You can use any of them as per your need.
One of the best things about WordPress is that it is a free content management system (CMS). You only need to pay for a domain and a hosting service to use its functionalities.
Step 3: Pick a Good Domain Name for Your Blog
I think selecting domain names is one of the exciting parts of the blogging journey. Most people take it seriously because they know how beneficial it is in the long run.
What is a domain name?
A domain name is the unique identity of your website or blog on the web. In the simple term, it is the web address that you enter into a browser to access a website.
For example, in the URL https://example.com, “example” is the domain name.
You can change the theme, design, content, and plugins of your blog at any time. But there is one thing that you cannot easily change, that is your domain name.
Your domain name is your brand, and changing a brand name is not an easy process. So if you are a beginner, you should focus on this step very carefully.
You might be surprised to know that when I decided on a domain name for this blog, it took me almost a week to make my final decision.
Here are five tips which help you to find your brand domain –
1. Choose a Dot.Com TLD (if you can) – Always go for the .com extension if available. If not, consider others. If your blog is about a specific country, you can go with a country-specific TLD extension.
2. Choose a short name – Always try to keep your domain name short and simple. And never choose a very long name as it is impossible to remember, and users are more likely to misspell or mistype the name.
Always try to keep the length of your domain name under 15 characters.
3. Be memorable – There are already millions of registered domain names available, so having an easy-to-remember domain name is essential to your blog.
4. Don’t use numbers and hyphens – You should always avoid alphabet numbers and hyphens in your domain name.
for example, my-domain.com or my45domain.com
As you can see, both domain names are not catchy and do not attract users’ attention.
5. Avoid Copyright Issues – Don’t be tempted to use other well-established brand names in your domain name.
If you are still unable to determine your blog’s domain name, you can use LeanDomainSearch, to find a brandable domain name.
Step 4: Find a Good Web Hosting Provider
I hope you have finalized your domain name. Now it’s time to explore how to find the perfect hosting for your blog.
Choosing a more reliable hosting can be challenging if you have never purchased web hosting before.
First of all, you need to understand what web hosting is and what parameters you need to keep in mind when you have to make a decision.
What is web hosting?
Web hosting is a service that allows you to publish your website or blog on the internet. In the simple term, It is an online place where all the files of your website or blog are stored. So you can access your website from anywhere in the world.
Which WordPress hosting is best for you?
There are many WordPress hosting providers available in the online market. But which one you should choose depends on many factors.
Whichever host you choose, keep in mind the five most important factors of WordPress hosting:
- Speed – also called “loading time.” and it must be two seconds or less.
- Uptime – It must be at least 99.94%
- Features – must have at least these features like One-click WordPress install, Staging, Auto backup.
- Security – must have an advanced security system.
- Customer support – must have excellent customer support.
Recommended WordPress Hosting:
After considering the above factor, I recommend you to go with GreenGeeks hosting without any second thought.
GreenGeeks is genuinely one of the excellent hosting companies, they offer incredible features, such as one-click WordPress installation, staging tool, daily auto night backup, 24×7 customer support, and so on.
I personally use GreenGeeks for some of my affiliate websites and believe me, it is truly an exceptional experience.
Not only go with my words, but you can also check what other industry experts are saying.
Explore one of the world’s most reliable review platforms, Trustpilot, where you can check what people think about the GreenGeeks. Over 300 reviews with an overall rating of 4.7 tell the truth itself.
Top of the Industry expert Syed Balkhi (founder of wpbeginner), Charles Coxhead (founder of WPDevShed) and, Ryan Sullivan (founder of WPSiteCare) also recommend using the GreenGeeks.
Follow the steps below to purchase hosting and domain from GreenGeeks :
I highly recommend you go with the Pro plan because it comes with additional features, and most importantly, it can host unlimited websites.
2. Choose your favorite domain
Hey, congratulation! With the Greengeek hosting, you will also get a free domain for the first year.
When you select your plan, In the next screen, you will find the two options, “Create A New Domain Name” and “Use A Domain You Already Own.”
I hope you have decided which domain name you want to register for your blog.
Select the first option to register your desired domain name. Enter the domain name and click the Next button.
If you have already registered your domain name with another domain registrar, you can use the second option, then click on the Next button.
Quick Note – If you have registered your domain name with another company, you must change your DNS (domain name server). Please don’t panic; it’s a simple process, and if you need any help, you can ask for GreenGeeks customer support.
3. Fill your account information detail
Now you have to fill your account information details.
4. Modify your package information (if any) –
From here, you can change the data center location and the plan term as per your preference.
5. Modify the Essential Add-ons –
If you register your domain name with GreenGeeks, you will find the ‘Id protect -WHOIS privacy’ option, if you do not need it, uncheck this option.
6. Enter Your Credit/Debit Card Information –
Fill your credit card or debit card details to proceed further.
7. Confirm the detail and proceed –
Now, confirm all your details and click on the Create Account button and complete the payment process.
It will take around 1-2 minutes, then check your email for important details related to your account.
And you are done.
Congratulations! You have successfully purchased your hosting and domain name.
Now let’s move on to another step and see how to set up your blog on WordPress.
Step 5: Set Up Your WordPress Blog
Now, you have your domain name and web hosting.
Now it’s time to get your blog online.
In this step, I will show you how to install and configure a WordPress blog from scratch.
Install SSL certificate on your blog:
First, to make the process easier, you install the SSL certificate on your blog. To do this, you need to log in to your GreenGeeks account. If you have already purchased, you can log into your account from here.
After login your account, On the left side panel, you will see the Security option, click on it. Now under this option, you will find the ‘Add SSL Certificate’ option, again click on it.
On the next screen, you will see two options, ‘Select a Service’ and ‘Select Domain’.
In the first option, select your service and the second option, choose your domain name. Then click on the Continue button.
On the next screen, you will be asked to select the SSL provider, and you will find two options: ”Premium Alfa SSL” and the ”Let’s Encrypt SSL”. Just choose the free version and click Let’s Encrypt SSL.
Now you are on the confirmation page, to process your SSL on your blog, click on the ‘Confirm and Create’ button. It will take about a minute to create an SSL certificate.
Now, the SSL certificate is created, to install it on the blog, you have to click on ‘Install SSL Certificate’ button.
Then you will see the successful message on the screen. And now, the SSL installation process is complete.
Install WordPress on your blog:
On the left side panel of your GreenGeeks dashboard, you will see the ‘Hosting’ option, click on it. Now under this option, you will find the ‘Shared Hosting’ option, again click on it.
Now, in the ‘Shared Hosting’ section, you will find the Cpanel option, click on it. It will be redirected you to a new window.
It’s your GreenGeeks Cpanel. Here, you can manage all your back-end activities, including email account setup, website backup & security, subdomain, staging tool, and so on.
After that, scroll down and find the “Softaculous Apps Installer” section. Here, you will see the WordPress option; click on it.
Now you are on the Softaculous Deshboard, here you will see ‘Install Now’ button, click on it.
Now select your blog URL with https:// protocol, fill the other information like your site name, site description, admin username, and password. And then scroll down and click the Install button.
Pro Tips – These login details are essential and confidential, so you write down all of your details in your dairy, so if you forget at any time, you can check them there.
Please make sure that you never share your confidential login information with anyone.
Wait… it will take around 1-2 minutes to set up your WordPress blog.
Then you will see the successful message on the screen.
And now, the WordPress setup process is complete.
Login to your WordPress Account:
For login to your WordPress account, you need to go back to the WordPress option in the Cpanel.
On this screen, you will find your domain name with all the installation details. Just click on the ‘Admin’ option to connect to your WordPress blog.
That’s it, and now you’re done setting up your WordPress account.
Remember this URL or bookmark it: https://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/
Quick Note – If by chance, you forgot the WordPress admin URL, you can use the above URL to login to your WordPress dashboard (replace yourdomain.com with your domain name).
Step 6: Choose a Responsive Theme for Your Blog
After installing WordPress, you will now learn how to upgrade your blog design.
The design of your blog is crucial for two main reasons:
First, a responsive and beautiful blog design attracts more visitors.
Second, These more visitors will help you to make more money online.
There are so many free themes available in the WordPress dashboard. But I don’t recommend using these themes for your blog because all these come with limited features.
One more drawback of using a free theme is no customer support and you will not get any support from the theme developer.
If you google, you can find that there are so many nulled premium themes and plugins are available online. Never buy these types of stuff. These themes or plugins are extremely dangerous for the security of your WordPress blog.
Also, there are more chances that someone can hack your website, and you will lose all of your data.
I am sure you don’t want that.
If you are serious about blogging and want to scale it as a business, consider investing in premium themes and plugins.
Differently, it will cost you at starting, but trust me, it will pay you back more.
How to choose a perfect WordPress theme:
There are thousands of premium themes available in the market. But a big question is still there, which one would be perfect for you?
Am I right?
Now, I’m showing you some crucial factors that you should always consider when choosing a theme for your blog.
1. Schema Markup – In the simple term, Schema markup, also known as structured data, is the language introduced by Google to understand your blog or website in a better way. So if you desire your website to rank better on Google, you have to consider it.
And before deciding to buy any premium theme, you should always make sure that it is fully optimized for schema markup.
2. LightWeight – There are only a few theme developers who understand the power of this feature. A lightweight theme loads quickly, and if you are using it for your blog, there is some possibility of well-ranking on Google.
I use the Astra Pro theme for this blog, one of the best lightweight themes (less than 50KB) available in the market. And you’d be surprised to know that with WordPress default data, Astra Pro loads in under half a second.
3. Compatibility – This feature is also essential when you are looking for a perfect theme for your blog. A theme should be compatible with WordPress’s latest version, all major page builders, and plugins.
4. Responsive – For better user experience, a theme must be well optimized for desktop, tablet, and mobile users. Now Google also prefers to rank those websites, which are responsive on all devices.
5. Support – Before buying any theme, you should always verify the customer support system. Here you can check their working hours and response time to any customer query.
Recommended WordPress theme (Personally Used):
From my experience, I recommend you some best Schema optimized WordPress themes, which I am also using on my different affiliate websites.
1. Astra Pro – Astra Pro is one of the fastest and lightweight WordPress themes you can use for your blog. I am also using this theme on my this website, and for me, it’s just amazing!
This theme follows all SEO practices and comes with all the necessary schema markup coding structure, so now there are more chances that your blog will rank well on Google.
Moreover, Astra Pro comes with hundreds of professionally pre-designed templates, that are integrated with all popular page builders, making it super easy for newbies to design any website.
2. GeneratePress – GeneratePress is another one of the fastest and lightweight WordPress themes, which comes with the industry’s best customer support system.
This theme also offers the same features as the Astra Pro and follows the same SEO practices and schema markup coding structure.
3. Schema Theme – Schema is another fastest and ultra SEO friendly WordPress theme by MyThemeShop.
This theme also offers an extensive collection of features including, an in-built review system, rich snippets, related posts, multiple header layouts, and a variety of custom widgets for enriching your site.
Now, It’s all up to you, whether you go with Astra Pro, GeneratePress Premium, or Schema theme.
After choosing the theme, now is the time to install that theme on your blog.
How to Install WordPress theme on your blog:
It’s not a complicated process, and you need to follow the below steps to install the theme on your WordPress blog.
First of all, you need to login to your WordPress account.
In the left-hand side menu:
Go to Appearance » Themes
Then click on Add new
If you have already purchased a theme or even have a Zip file of your desired theme, you can upload the Zip file by clicking the Upload Theme button. And then click on the Activate button.
Congrats! Finally, you have installed and activated the new WordPress theme on your blog.
Now you can start to customize your theme design as per your requirements.
So if you want to customize your theme, go to the left side menu and click on Appearance » Customize, and now you can customize your theme as per your preferences.
Important WordPress Settings:
There are some essential settings that you need to do before writing any content.
1. Change the URL structure –
Go to Setting » Permalinks
Here, you need to update your URL structure, So select the Post Name option and then click to the Save Changes button.
2. Secure Web Address –
Go to Setting » General
Here you need to check the two options WordPress Address and Site Address and make sure that both URLs start with https.
Quick Note – Before making any changes here, you must install the SSL certificate on your domain server. For more information, you can contact your hosting provider.
Step 7: Some Essential Plugin for Your Blog
WordPress plugins are essential for any website or blog to optimize their content, SEO, speed, website design, and so on.
There are so many plugins available, which can help you to scale your blog business.
Here is the list of my favorite plugins that I used in almost all of my website –
1. Elementor or Thrive Architect – If you want to design your blog like a pro, you need to choose a perfect page builder. There are many page builders options available online, but I only prefer Elementor Pro and Thrive Architect.
These two are the most user-friendly drag and drop page builders that allow you to create any landing page or post design without touching a single line of code.
2. Rank Math SEO – If you want to rank well on Google, you should focus on search engine optimization (SEO). It will help you drive more traffic to your website so that you can earn more revenue.
Rank Math is one of the best SEO plugins available in the market. It allows you to optimize your WordPress site for better search engine rankings.
It comes with all the essential features like XML sitemaps, rich snippets, 404 monitor, redirect manager, robot txt, and much more …
Earlier, I was using Yoast, which is another popular SEO plugin. But after trying RankMath, I found it more advanced than Yoast.
3. WP Rocket – The loading speed of your website can indirectly affect your Google ranking. If you want better search engine rankings and more traffic for your blog, you must focus on your website loading speed.
WP Rocket is one of the best premium caching plugins that help you to optimize your full website and make it faster.
4. iTheme Security – As a blogger, you should always focus on the security of your website; otherwise, there are some possibilities that someone can hack your site.
To secure your website, you can use the iThemes Security plugin, one of the best security plugins, to protect your entire site.
5. UpdraftPlus – You should always take the backup of your website. If something happens wrong, you can quickly restore your site.
I know that GreenGeeks hosting takes a regular backup of your website, but for more security reasons, you should not take the risk and always have your own backup.
For this, you can use the UpdraftPlus plugin. It helps you to backup your entire website so that you can restore the data at any time.
6. Anti-Spam – You should always use this plugin to secure your blog post from unwanted comments. If someone comments on your post or pages, this plugin identifies whether the comment is genuine or spam and, if found, spam Then, remove it immediately.
7. Resmush.it – If you want your site never to slow down, you should avoid using any image at its actual size. You should always compress your image first and then use it on your website.
Resmush.it is an image compressor plugin that allows you to compress all of your large-sized images without losing their quality.
8. Social Snap – Social Snap is an essential social sharing plugin that allows readers to share your content on all social media platforms.
So now it becomes so easy for you to generate a lot of traffic from social networks using Social Snap Pro.
These are the plugins that I use on all of my websites. And believe me, now I can manage all the technical and non-technical things related to my blog very quickly.
Quick Note – I don’t recommend you to go with any nulled or cracked plugins because these plugins are extremely dangerous for your WordPress security; thus, someone can easily hack your website.
How to install a plugin?
It is easy to install a plugin on WordPress. But if you don’t know how to install and activate a plugin, here is the complete process.
First of all, go to your WordPress dashboard and then in the left-hand side menu –
- Go to Plugins » Add New
- Upload your plugin zip file and click on the Install Now button.
- Then, wait for a moment to complete the installation process.
- Now, click on the Activate button to activate that particular plugin.
Step 8: How to Write and Publish Your First Blog Post
Congratulations! You have successfully set up your WordPress blog. Now you are wondering about how to start writing for your first blog post.
Am I right?
But before proceeding further, you need to know what essential pages required for your blog website. You also have to make sure that you will include all of the below pages on your site.
Most important pages for your blog:
Here is the list of all the pages that almost every blog must-have. For better understanding, I have categorized these pages into two parts.
General Pages – These pages are necessary only for the better user experience and trust for your blog, pages like About, Contact, Blog, Category, and so on.
Now, Let’s move on to the main topic.
I know you are so excited about writing your first blog post. But first of all, you need to understand one thing very carefully.
Blogging is not about content writing but only about SEO optimized content writing.
If you want to earn from blogging, you have to understand the power of SEO optimized content.
Now, do you want to know what SEO optimized content is?
In the simple term, SEO optimized content is that content, which is created for both search engines and users.
Please don’t get confused; I explain it to you again.
If you want to get better search engine rankings and high traffic for your blog, you must focus on creating SEO optimized content.
Start with Keyword research:
Before writing anything, you need to do keyword research around your niche and try to find out what people are looking for on Google regarding your niche. This research will give you an idea of what topics are currently trending on Google.
You should also do your competitor research to find out which keywords they are targeting.
Just be sure to make a list of all the keywords you find through research.
Now, you have to find out the competition and search volume of each keyword from the list and try to sort out keywords with low competition and high search volume.
Now you have a new list of your target keywords, start writing around these keywords.
There are many free tools available for keyword research, But I recommend using the only SEMRUSH tool.
Pro Tip: I highly recommend that as a beginner, you should always target long tail keywords as they are easier to rank on the search engine.
Quick Tips for writing an SEO optimized content –
- Always use the proper heading and subheading tag.
- You must include your main keyword in the title and meta description of your post.
- Your post title and meta description should be eye-catching.
- It would be better to use your main keyword in the main header (H1 tag) and the first paragraph.
- Avoid using keyword stuffing.
- Use LSI keywords in your subheading and the content of the post.
- Appropriate use of relevant images and infographics in your post to make it more comprehensive.
- Never use any copyrighted material (text or images) in your post.
Pro Tips – I recommend that you always use the Google Docs tool when writing your blog content.
How to publish your first post:
After writing your first post, now it’s time to publish it on your blog.
Go to Dashboard >> Posts >> Add New
You can directly write here or paste an already written blog post here.
Do the required changes and hit the publish button.
Congratulations! Your post is live.
Now it’s time for promotion.
Step 9: How to Promote Your Blog
Now you have published your first post. Now it’s time to promote your blog post. This process is crucial because if no one sees the blog, all your work is in vain.
In this step, I will show you how to promote your content in an effective way.
1. Link building – Link building is the process of getting hyperlinks (usually known as a link) from other websites to your own.
In simple terms, if your content is relevant and unique, it’s more likely that other bloggers will mention your blog’s link to their website. In return, you will get more visitors to your blog.
There are various smart link building strategies for new websites that you can use to promote your content.
You can use SEMrush SEO tool to find your competitor’s backlink and start building it for your blog.
2. Join Facebook groups – It is an effective way to promote your content to the target audience. You can find the relevant group to your niche and join their group.
But make sure nobody will allow you to promote your content to their groups, especially if you are a beginner.
So what can you do now?
Still, you have to be active in their group, start sharing knowledge with other group members, and build trust.
Then, you can create your own group. And believe me, people will join your group themselves.
Now start sharing your knowledge as well as your content.
3. Q / A on Quora – Quora is the largest platform for asking questions. Just find the problems related to your niche and answer them with your link.
But make sure you never share your link with each answer. Always try to make a ratio of 3/10, this means that out of your ten answers, you share your link with only three.
4. Social media networks – You can also promote your content through other social media networks like Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram.
I recommend that you use all social media platforms, as they are all the significant sources of traffic generation.
5. Facebook Ads – Facebook ads are one of the best alternatives to promote your content to your target audience. I understand that paid promotion can be difficult for you when you start a blog.
But you should understand that every business requires investment, so if necessary, don’t hesitate to invest in Facebook ads.
6. Guest posting – Guest posting is one of the best techniques you can apply to promote your content to the target audience.
But make sure that you should only prefer guest posting for reputable sites that are related to your niche.
7. Blog commenting – Commenting on other relevant blogs is a great way to build relationships with bloggers within your niche. It will also help you get noticed among other readers and develop your personal brand on the topic.
8. Repurpose your content – Repurposing content is one of the best ways to increase the value and ROI of your content. You can repurpose your text content into PPT, video, infographics, etc. and promote them on their relevant sites.
You can promote your PPT slides on Slideshare, videos on Youtube, and Infographics on Pinterest.
There are plenty of free and paid tools available to promote your content online. But, I recommend that you should focus on only those strategies that work for you.
And believe me, If you follow all the content promotion strategies, you can get thousands of visitors.
Step 10: How to Make Money From Your Blog
Why are you blogging?
Obviously, for money!
I hope you have created your blog and also start writing your articles.
And now, the most exciting part of this guide, how to earn from a WordPress blog?
It is actually a bonus part for all of you. In this step, I will share with you all the practical ways you can earn good money.
Are you excited enough like me?
So, Let’s get started.
These are the best and easiest ways to make money as a blogger.
1. Google Adsense – Google Adsense is the easiest way to start making money from your blog as a beginner.
Just copy the ad script code from your Adsense account and paste it on your website. Then Google Ads will run on your website. And when someone clicks on these ads, you will get paid.
2. Affiliate Marketing – It is one of the most efficient ways to make money online. Here, you have to promote the products and services of other companies on your blog, and if someone buys that product or service through your affiliate link, you get a commission.
The best thing I like about affiliate marketing is that you can promote multiple products and services on your blog and earn commissions on all of them.
These are the most popular affiliate marketing platforms, where you can find your profitable niche-based affiliate products to promote:
- Commission Junction (CJ)
- Click Bank
3. Offer services – If you have any excellent skills like website design, content writing, digital marketing, SEO, and so on, you can start making money by offering your skills and services to your blog’s audience.
4. Product Selling – If you have good traffic to your blog and have perfect sales skills, you can make money by selling your products like courses and ebooks.
But always remember that you should sell those products that are relevant to your niche and useful to your audience.
These are the best ways that you can apply to make money from your blog. But always remember, If you want to be a successful blogger, then you have to keep patience and only focus on your work and audience.
FAQs – How To Start A Blog In 2021
Final Thoughts: How To Start A Blog In 2021
Congratulations! Finally, you learned how to start a blog in 2021 and make money from it.
Now It’s your turn,
This quick step-by-step guide covers everything you need to know about starting a blog, including monetization methods. Trust me, nothing is impossible; just follow all the above steps and start creating your blog.
But it’s not the end; it’s the beginning of your new journey. Now you also need to focus on other things like SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Social Media Marketing, etc.
I highly recommend you join our Free Blogging Community to stay updated with new stuff. Here you will get daily exclusive tips that you might don’t find here.
If you have any doubts or questions, feel free to comment below, I will certainly help you to create your first blog.